White Fish Fillet with Ginger & Chili
- Serves 2
- 2 skinless white fish fillets, 8 ounces each
- Mild chili flakes
- 1 piece of fresh ginger peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh chili pepper with seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 spring onions
- 3–4 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 3 pinches of salt
- 1 piece lemongrass, without outer leaves, stems cut lengthwise
- 1 cup water (can substitute vegetable broth or fish stock)
- ½ lime, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped coriander
- Peel of 1 lime, grated
1.Wash the fish, pat dry, salt lightly, and sprinkle with chili flakes.
2.Mix the ginger with chili, lime juice, and soy sauce, spread on the fish, and marinate for one hour.
3.Mix the vegetables with the sesame oil and salt in a bowl.
4.Place the lime slices in the pressure cooker and add 1 cup of water.
5.Put the vegetables in the steamer inset, place the steamer inset, elevated on the tripod,
6.lay the fish on the vegetables in the steamer inset.
7.Close the pressure cooker, and heat to achieve maximum pressure.
8.Reduce heat and cook for 6 minutes. Release the steam slowly, and open.
9.Remove the steamer inset, arrange the fish on plates together with some grated lime peel.
10.Serve with vegetables sprinkled with chopped coriander.