Risotto & Asparagus
- Serves 4
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup pearl rice (risotto rice)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup asparagus cut in l inch pieces (blanched)
- 2 cans chicken broth (10.5 ounces each)
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, fennel to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1.Add Italian sausage, onion, and garlic in pressure cooker pan. Saute for a few minutes.
2.Stir in mushrooms and spices.
3.Add wine and cook another few minutes.
4.Turn burner to high. Add rice and 1 l/2 cans of the chicken broth. Stir until steaming.
5.Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
6.Turn down the heat.
7.Cook for 9 minutes.
8.Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by pressing the button on the handle slowly.
9.Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
10.Stir risotto. Add more broth (from the half can remaining) if needed.
11.If broth is added, wait until it is temperature returns to high temperature, then stir in asparagus.
12.Top risotto with Parmesan cheese. Cover until melted.