- Serves 4
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stocks of celery
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium size zucchini
- 1 cup of string beans
- 3 cups of flat leaf kale
- 3 or 4 medium size potatoes
- 2 cans of cannellini beans
- 1 can of good quality plum tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. of beef or chicken bouillon dissolved in water.
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped fresh herbs like thyme, marjoram, oregano and basil
1.Clean all the vegetables and chop them in small pieces.
2.In a large pan/pot heat olive oil and saute the two cloves of garlic over medium heat.
3.Add celery, onions and carrots. Sauté for 7 minutes..
4.Add the other vegetables and the bouillon dissolved in warm water. Stir.
5.Add beans, chopped tomatoes, Stir well.
6.Cover the vegetables with more water.
7.Season with salt and pepper to taste..
8.Add the herbs.
9.Simmer 1 hour.
10.Spoon the soup into a bowl.
11.Serve with fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.