Lentils, Andouille Sausage & Vegetables
- Serves 2
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Andouille sausages, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup dry lentils, uncooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into strips
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
1.Heat the oil in pressure cooker over medium heat.
2.Fry sausage, then add garlic, onions, thyme and rosemary, and saute until onions are translucent.
3.Add lentils, carrots, celery, peppers, stock and bay leaves to the cooker.
4.Close and lock the lid in place . Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
5.Turn down the heat, cook for 8 minutes.
6.Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
7.Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
8.Discard bay leaves, season with salt and pepper to taste.
9.Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled on top.