Published March 18, 2016
A, Information Collected
(1) Information You Actively Provide
"We collect registration details and personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, age, gender, payment details, or purchase history that you actively provide to us when you register, communicate, or transact business with our Site.
We receive and store the information that you enter on our Site or information related to business or services you are conducting through the Site that you give to us in any other way. The above list provides an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected on the Site. If you do not want us to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
(2) Information Collected From or About the Devices that Interact with our Site
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Site
(1) We use the information that you actively provide
To deliver services, information, newsletters or products you request or purchase;
To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from us, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
To ensure the Site is relevant to your needs;
To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Site; and
To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or Order Inquiry.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose the information you provide, including name and contact details in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to purchase an item from the Site, we may share your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill your order and complete your purchase. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Site will have access to users' personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
- To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Site, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and/or defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from the Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you
- from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
- When you click on links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
D. Online Tracking / Third Party Advertising
Our Site currently uses Google Analytics to help us learn about, among other things, who visits our Site and what pages are being viewed. We may use advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Site. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Site or other sites (such as through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. These advertisers may read and place cookies on our Site, but they do not have access on our Site to personal information such as name or contact details.
Our Site, whether accessed on a computer or a mobile device, is not at this time configured to read or respond to “do not track” settings or signals in your browser headings, which vary by browser provider. In lieu of a browser-based opt-out solution, users can utilize the Digital Advertising Alliance and other approved methods for placement of “opt-out” cookies. Our site and those of our third party advertisers or other vendors are configured to read and honor these opt-out cookies, so long as they are present on your computer. (If you delete all cookies, you will need to reset your opt-out cookies.) Specific instructions on how to do so follow. However, please be aware that we do not control these opt-out processes, and all of such processes are subject to change without notice.
E. Site Users
By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
F. International Transfer of Information
If you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information, we may transfer that information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and by providing your personally identifiable information you consent to:
The transfer of your personally identifiable information to the United States as indicated above.
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional. You may opt-out of receiving such product or service update emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
H. Forums, Chat Rooms, and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e- mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
I. Third Party Web Site
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Site. The Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
J. Access to Your Information/Choices
We provide you with an opportunity to access your personal information to ensure it is correct, accurate and current. To edit your personally identifiable information, please contact our customer service representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org. If for any reason you are not able to update or edit your personally identifiable information at this page, you can access such information by contacting us as described below. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign and transfer to the acquirer the personally identifiable and non- personally identifiable information collected via the site.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
N. Contacting Us
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us:
15 Commerce Road
Stamford, CT 06902
Created March 18th, 2016
New Jersey’s Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act.